Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

5...5 dollar...5 dollar footloooonnng

I think that Subway commercial is SO annoying! It's been playing for well over a year now and it's driving me CRAZY! Although, I will give them credit for making me crave a delicious, cheap sub after hearing it. After pondering the countless number of dateless weekends I spent sitting in front of the t.v. while growing up, I think back to things that stuck out to me. Firstly, thank goodness for ABC's T.G.I.F. lineup. Where would I be without the Tanner or the Winslow families? Secondly, Commercials with catchy (and irritating) jingles and the theme songs to some of my favorite T.G.I.F. sitcoms are what I recall instantly.
I'm always thinking of ways to improve my future classroom and to make it interesting, fun, and educational. I've decided that music is going to be a huge part of what makes my class, MY CLASS. I taught music to grades K-5 for a year and a half back in 2005 and 2006. That teaching experience is what got me interested in teaching elementary in the first place. I had so much fun teaching those months. As I've been looking at old video of some the kids' performances and activities, I've come to realize that the music enhanced everything we did together.
Most of the great teachers I've come to know through observation or research have used music in a lot of ways to enhance their classroom environment. Whether it's chanting the states of The United States of America, or just singing a little song to transition from one activity to another, music plays a huge part in their classrooms. I've been thinking of different ways to incorporate music into my classroom and have come to appreciate the little, annoying jingles heard everyday on television or on the radio. "Five dollar footlong" is now ingrained on my brain. Now to turn it's memorable powers into my own creation. Maybe something like "Four...Forty-four...Forty-four presideeenntttsss." It' s a work in progress I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment